'Walking Back to the Future'
(Shettleston, Glasgow, Scotland)
This project was an HLF funded project focusing on an area in the East end of Glasgow called Shettleston. The project worked with 6 different community groups including a Sheltered Housing Complex, 2 schools, a youth club, a history group and a group of adults. The aim was to gather research on the heritage of the area and produce a heritage trail in time for the Commonwealth Games. This was in the form of an App and a leaflet. www.walkingbacktothefuture.co.uk -
The app is available for free on Android and iTunes - just search ‘Shettleston’.
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- 'Patterton WWII: A POW Camp and its Neighbours'
- 'Nitshill Memories'
- 'Reclaiming Our Heritage'
- 'Sandend Beach - Memories and Concerns'
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- 'Glasgow's African Tales'
- 'Hellenic Glasgow - an oral history'
- 'Back to the Future, West Lothian!'
- Govan Fair's 'Treasures in our Midst'
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- Macduff Revival
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'