'Walking Back to the Future'
(Shettleston, Glasgow, Scotland)
This project was an HLF funded project focusing on an area in the East end of Glasgow called Shettleston. The project worked with 6 different community groups including a Sheltered Housing Complex, 2 schools, a youth club, a history group and a group of adults. The aim was to gather research on the heritage of the area and produce a heritage trail in time for the Commonwealth Games. This was in the form of an App and a leaflet. www.walkingbacktothefuture.co.uk -
The app is available for free on Android and iTunes - just search ‘Shettleston’.
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- 'Back to the Future, West Lothian!'
- 'Sandend Beach - Memories and Concerns'
- 'Hellenic Glasgow - an oral history'
- Govan Fair's 'Treasures in our Midst'
- 'Glasgow's African Tales'
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- Macduff Revival
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'